You are looking at outdated documentation for version 2.x. A newer version is available.
## 2.4.2 / Unreleased
## 2.4.1 / 2018-06-16
- Fix some logging exceptions
- Fix exception in CLI config reader (Py2)
## 2.4.0 / 2018-05-30
- Expand ‘~’ in –root and –config command line options
- #97: Fix assumption that QUERY_STRING is in environment (dir_browser)
- #99: Fix virtual_dav_provider for Py3: WSGI expects binary instead of str
- #100: Send ETags with PUT response
- #101: Fail cleanly if trying to PUT to unknown collection
- Refactor logging: - Re-define verbosity level range: 0..5 - Remove usage of print in favor of logging.getLogger().debug - Remove util.note(), .status(), … helpers
- Refactor code base: - Use .format() syntax instead of %s for string templating - Mandatory PEP 8 compliance (checked by flake8)
- Rework documentation on Read The Docs
- MSI setup uses Cheroot version 6.2+
## 2.3.0 / 2018-04-06
- #80: Drop support for Python 3.3 (end-of-life September 2017)
- #86: Give custom PropertyManager implementations access to the environ
- #87: Don’t assume sys.stdout.encoding is not None
- #90: Custom response headers
- #93: Add support for streaming large files on Mac
## 2.2.4 / 2017-08-11
- Fix #75: Return 401 when auth method is not supported
- Fix #77: removeProperty call to not lose dryRun, otherwise removeProperty is called twice for real
- Fix #79: Prevent error when missing environment variable
## 2.2.2 / 2017-06-23
- #69: Rectifying naming disparity for CherryPy server
- Fix #67: lock manager returns timeout negative seconds
- Fix #71: Attempts to unlock a nonexistent resource cause an internal server error
- Fix #73: Failed on processing non-iso-8859-1 characters on Python 3
- MSI setup uses Python 3.5
## 2.2.1 / 2017-02-25
- #65: Support for Cheroot server, which is the standalone WSGI server of CherryPy since version 9.0. –server=cheroot is the default now.
- New option –ssl-adapter, used by ‘cheroot’ server if SSL certificates are configured. Defaults to ‘builtin’.<br> Set to ‘pyopenssl’ to use an existing OpenSSL nstallation. (Note: Currently broken as of Cheroot 5.1, see cherrypy/cheroot#6)
- Deprecate cherrypy.wsgiserver.<br> –server=cherrypy was renamed to –cherrypy-wsgiserver
- #64: Fix LOCK without owner
- #65: Add lxml to MSI installer
- Release as Wheel
## 2.1.0 / 2016-11-13
- #42: Remove print usage in favor of logging (Sergi Almacellas Abellana)
- #43: PEP8 fixes (Sergi Almacellas Abellana, Tom Viner)
- #45 New method _DAVResource.finalizeHeaders(environ, responseHeaders) (Samuel Fekete)
- #55 Custom response handlers for PUT, GET etc.
- New helpers addons.stream_tools.FileLikeQueue and StreamingFile allow to pipe / proxy PUT requests to external consumers.
## 2.0.1 / 2016-10-07
- #46 Wrap xml libraries with the equivalent defusedxml packages (Tom Viner)
## 2.0.0 / 2016-10-02
- #4: Support Python 3
- Windows MSI Installer
- Drop support for Python 2.6
- cherrypy.wsgiserver is no longer included as source package. CherryPy is still the recommended standalone WSGI server, and deployed with the binary installation. It is also installed as dependency by setup.py test. However if a source installation is used, either install cherrypy using pip install cherrypy or choose another server using the –server option.
- Configuration: - New options server and server_args - Removed ext_servers option
- Standalone server: - New command line option –server (defaults to cherrypy) - New command line option –no-config - Removed command line option -d use -vv instead
- Use py.test & tox
## 1.3.0 / 2016-08-24
- #19: Add option mutable_live_props to support setting last modified file/directory timestamps (Jonas Bardino)
- #23: Fix Windows file manager and OSX Finder fails on file names with comma (Jonas Bardino)
- #27: Do not install tests (Erich Seifert)
- #28: New option trusted_auth_header allows reverse proxy authentication (Mageti)
- #30: API change to allow much easier per-user chrooting (Jonas Bardino)
- #32: Fix digest authentication rejected due to invalid header (Adrian Crețu)
## 1.2.0 / 2015-05-14
- #8: Unquote PATH_INFO is now optional ‘unquote_path_info’; defaults to false. (Brian Sipos)
- #9: Fixed status codes for apache mod_wsgi (Brian Sipos)
- #10: Hotfix for file copy on GVFS (Brian Sipos)
- #12: Configurable middleware stack (Pavel Shiryaev)
- #15: Fix Finder access (Jonas Bardino)
## 1.1.0 / 2014-01-01
- New dir_browser option ‘ms_sharepoint_plugin’ to start MS Office documents in edit-mode
- Moved project from Google Code to GitHub
- Moved documentation to ReadTheDocs
## 1.0.0 / 2013-12-27
- NOTE: no longer tested with Python 2.4.
- SSL sample with bogo-cert
- Renamed ‘msmount’ option to ‘ms_mount’.
- Files are always stored in binary mode.
- Port and hostname can now be specified in config file (before: command line only).
- New option for dir_browser: ‘msSharepointUrls’ will prepend ‘ms-word:ofe|u|’ to URL for MS Offce documents.
- New option ‘add_header_MS_Author_Via = True’ to support editing with Microsoft Office
- FilesystemProvider expands variables like ‘~’, ‘$Name’ and ‘%NAME%’ in folder paths (i.e. ‘~/foo’ -> ‘/Users/joe/foo’)
- Issue #55 Failure operating with litmus test suite, Mac OS X WebDAV Client, Windows 7 (thanks to Ben Allums)
- Fixed issue #48 Allow the dirbrowser to be configured from the config file (thanks to Herman Grecco)
- Fixed issue #43 Unicode error in Ubuntu
- Allow Ctrl-C / SIGINT to stop CherryPyWSGIServer
- Made mimetype guessing more robust
- Updated CherryPy standalone WSGI server to 3.2.4
- Support ‘setup.py test’ which uses nosetests and includes litmus
## 0.5.0 / 2011-01-16
- Bundled with CherryPy standalone WSGI server
- Added copyright notes for original PyFileServer
- Changed signature of DAVProvider (and derived classes): provider argument was removed
- New method DAVResource.getMemberList() replaces getMemberNames().
- New class DAVCollection allows for more efficient implementation of custom providers.
- Forcing ‘Connection: close’, when a required Content-Length is missing. So it’s possible now to return GET responses without knowing the size.
- New property manager based on CouchDB (addons.couch_property_manager)
- New property manager based on MongoDB (addons.mongo_property_manager)
- New sample DAV provider for MongoDBs (samples.mongo_dav_provider)
- Debug output goes to stdout (was stderr)
- Support davmount (rfc 4709).
- Added support for Microsoft FOLDER behavior.
- renamed displayType() -> getDirectoryInfo()
- Fixed RANGE response
- Refactored LockManager. using separate LockStorage
## 0.4.0.b2 / 2010-02-15
- Using HTTP/1.1 with keep-alive (St�phane KLEIN)
- Correctly return pre- and postconditions on lock conflicts.
- Added Sphinx docs
- Added Mercurial provider
- Changed configuration: no property manager used by default
## Until 0.4.0 alpha