You are looking at the documentation for the stable release 2.x.
A pre-release of 3.x is also available.
|Version:||2.4, Date: Jun 16, 2018|
- Comes bundled with a server and a file system provider, so we can share a directory right away from the command line.
- Designed to run behind any WSGI compliant server.
- Tested with different clients on different platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac).
- Supports online editing of MS Office documents.
- Contains a simple web browser interface.
- SSL support
- Support for authentication using Basic or Digest scheme.
- Passes the litmus test suite.
- Open architecture allows to write custom providers (i.e. storage, locking, authentication, virtual file systems, …).
- WsgiDAV is a refactored version of PyFileServer written by Ho Chun Wei.
Releases are hosted on PyPI. Install WsgiDAV (and a server) like:
$ pip install cheroot wsgidav
To serve the
/tmp folder as WebDAV
/ share, simply run:
$ wsgidav --host=0.0.0.0 --port=80 --root=/tmp
MS Windows users that only need the command line interface may prefer the MSI installer.
WsgiDAV comes with a web interface and was tested with different clients (Windows File Explorer and drive mapping, MS Office, Ubuntu, Mac OS X, …).