## 3.0.4 / Unreleased
- #181 Fix error for UTF8 (surrogate) filename
- #186 Add sample Redis lock manager LockStorageRedis (Steffen Deusch)
## 3.0.3 / 2020-04-02
- #172 Fix missing import of collections_abc (regression in 3.0.2: this requires six 1.13+; dependencies have been updated)
- #177 Fix allow_anonymous_access()
## 3.0.2 / 2019-12-26
- Fixes for Python 3.8
- Deprecated support for Python 3.4 (reached end of live on 2019-03-18), i.e. stopped testing.
- #167 Docker image reduction from 244MB to 66.4MB
- #169 Replace jsmin with json5 dependency
## 3.0.1 / 2019-10-12
(Thanks to Steffen Deusch for most of the fixes.)
- #149: Improve performance for Windows File Explorer by updating cheroot to 8.1
- Fix #152: “Allow-Ranges: bytes” is now correct “Accept-Ranges: bytes” header
- Merge #155: last_modified is now correctly cast to int when comparing conditional requests
- Merge #156: the file object returned by get_content (DAVNonCollection) is now correctly being closed when a client disconnects unexpectedly
- Merge #158: add ssl support for gevent
- #159: Display requested path with 404 errors
- Fix #164: Wrong separator on Allow values
## 3.0.0 / 2019-03-04
This release contains BREAKING CHANGES!
- Improve configuration:<br>
Rename some options, e.g. acceptDigest => http_authenticator.accept_digest
WsgiDAVApp constructor now assumes default settings. The passed options override those.
Log format is configurable
Remove option dir_browser.enabled (modify middleware_stack instead)
CLI supports –server=gevent (gevent must be installed separately)
SSL paths are evaluated relative to the config file, if any
Refactor middleware stack - RequestResolver and WsgiDavDirBrowser are now simple members of middleware_stack
and not specially treated
- middleware_stack entries can also be strings or dicts that are
evaluated to import and instantiate middleware classes. This allows to define and configure external middleware in YAML and JSON config files.
provider_mapping option now supports configuration of custom providers
Windows XP (Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600) had a bug when accessing a share ‘/dav/’: XP sometimes sends digests for ‘/’. In v.2.4 a hotfix was also accept ‘/’ instead of the real share. This is now disabled by default, but can be re-enabled with hotfixes.winxp_accept_root_share_login: true.
Refactor code base: - Rename methods according to PEP 8, e.g.
provider.getResourceInst() => provider.get_resource_inst().
- Rename methods arguments according to PEP 8, e.g. provider.set_last_modified(self, destPath, timeStamp, dryRun) => provider.set_last_modified(self, dest_path, time_stamp, dry_run)
- Enforce [Black code style](https://github.com/ambv/black)
- Move some modules to separate packages
- Use utf-8 directive in source files (-- coding: utf-8 --)
Refactor domain_controller and authentication: - Renamed environ[“http_authenticator.realm”], environ[“http_authenticator.user_name”]
=> environ[“wsgidav.auth.realm”], environ[“wsgidav.auth.user_name”]
- DC may define environ[“wsgidav.auth.roles”] and environ[“wsgidav.auth.permissions”]
- A common base class simplifies implementation of custom DCs.
- New [PAMDomainController](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluggable_authentication_module) allows to authenticate system users on Linux and macOS, for example.
- Digest hash generation is now delegated to DomainControllers. This allows to implement DomainControllers that support digest access authentication even if plain-text passwords are not accessible, but stored hashes are.
- Every domain controller now has a config section of its own. E.g. the user_mapping option for SimpleDomainController was moved to simple_dc.user_mapping.
SimpleDomainController no longer allows anonymous access by default. It is now required to pass simple_dc.user_mapping: “share1”: True. Also a new pseudo-share “*” can be used to define defaults. A new command line option –auth allows quick-configuration of DCs
Refactor WsgiDirBrowser: - Use Jinja2 and load static assets through own WsgiDAV provider - Move to wsgidav.dir_browser package - Option ‘dir_browser.ms_sharepoint_support’ replaces ms_sharepoint_plugin and ms_sharepoint_urls
Automated [Docker builds](https://hub.docker.com/r/mar10/wsgidav/)
MSI installer - uses Cheroot/6.4 Python 3.6 - Includes NTDomainController
#112: Added limited support for Microsoft’s Win32LastModified property.
Fix #123: HEAD request on DirBrowser folder
Fix #141: issue when ‘sys.stdout’ is none
## 2.4.1 / 2018-06-16
- Fix some logging exceptions
- Fix exception in CLI config reader (Py2)
## 2.4.0 / 2018-05-30
- Expand ‘~’ in –root and –config command line options
- #97: Fix assumption that QUERY_STRING is in environment (dir_browser)
- #99: Fix virtual_dav_provider for Py3: WSGI expects binary instead of str
- #100: Send ETags with PUT response
- #101: Fail cleanly if trying to PUT to unknown collection
- Refactor logging: - Re-define verbosity level range: 0..5 - Remove usage of print in favor of logging.getLogger().debug - Remove util.note(), .status(), … helpers
- Refactor code base: - Use .format() syntax instead of %s for string templating - Mandatory PEP 8 compliance (checked by flake8)
- Rework documentation on Read The Docs
- MSI setup uses Cheroot version 6.2+
## 2.3.0 / 2018-04-06
- #80: Drop support for Python 3.3 (end-of-life September 2017)
- #86: Give custom PropertyManager implementations access to the environ
- #87: Don’t assume sys.stdout.encoding is not None
- #90: Custom response headers
- #93: Add support for streaming large files on Mac
## 2.2.4 / 2017-08-11
- Fix #75: Return 401 when auth method is not supported
- Fix #77: removeProperty call to not lose dryRun, otherwise removeProperty is called twice for real
- Fix #79: Prevent error when missing environment variable
## 2.2.2 / 2017-06-23
- #69: Rectifying naming disparity for CherryPy server
- Fix #67: lock manager returns timeout negative seconds
- Fix #71: Attempts to unlock a nonexistent resource cause an internal server error
- Fix #73: Failed on processing non-iso-8859-1 characters on Python 3
- MSI setup uses Python 3.5
## 2.2.1 / 2017-02-25
- #65: Support for Cheroot server, which is the standalone WSGI server of CherryPy since version 9.0. –server=cheroot is the default now.
- New option –ssl-adapter, used by ‘cheroot’ server if SSL certificates are configured. Defaults to ‘builtin’.<br> Set to ‘pyopenssl’ to use an existing OpenSSL installation. (Note: Currently broken as of Cheroot 5.1, see cherrypy/cheroot#6)
- Deprecate cherrypy.wsgiserver.<br> –server=cherrypy was renamed to –server=cherrypy-wsgiserver
- #64: Fix LOCK without owner
- #65: Add lxml to MSI installer
- Release as Wheel
## 2.1.0 / 2016-11-13
- #42: Remove some print usage in favor of logging (Sergi Almacellas Abellana)
- #43: PEP 8 fixes (Sergi Almacellas Abellana, Tom Viner)
- #45 New method _DAVResource.finalizeHeaders(environ, responseHeaders) (Samuel Fekete)
- #55 Custom response handlers for PUT, GET etc.
- New helpers addons.stream_tools.FileLikeQueue and StreamingFile allow to pipe / proxy PUT requests to external consumers.
## 2.0.1 / 2016-10-07
- #46 Wrap xml libraries with the equivalent defusedxml packages (Tom Viner)
## 2.0.0 / 2016-10-02
- #4: Support Python 3
- Windows MSI Installer
- Drop support for Python 2.6
- cherrypy.wsgiserver is no longer included as source package. CherryPy is still the recommended standalone WSGI server, and deployed with the binary installation. It is also installed as dependency by setup.py test. However if a source installation is used, either install cherrypy using pip install cherrypy or choose another server using the –server option.
- Configuration: - New options server and server_args - Removed ext_servers option
- Standalone server: - New command line option –server (defaults to cherrypy) - New command line option –no-config - Removed command line option -d use -vv instead
- Use py.test & tox
## 1.3.0 / 2016-08-24
- #19: Add option mutable_live_props to support setting last modified file/directory timestamps (Jonas Bardino)
- #23: Fix Windows file manager and OSX Finder fails on file names with comma (Jonas Bardino)
- #27: Do not install tests (Erich Seifert)
- #28: New option trusted_auth_header allows reverse proxy authentication (Mageti)
- #30: API change to allow much easier per-user chrooting (Jonas Bardino)
- #32: Fix digest authentication rejected due to invalid header (Adrian Crețu)
## 1.2.0 / 2015-05-14
- #8: Unquote PATH_INFO is now optional ‘unquote_path_info’; defaults to false. (Brian Sipos)
- #9: Fixed status codes for apache mod_wsgi (Brian Sipos)
- #10: Hotfix for file copy on GVFS (Brian Sipos)
- #12: Configurable middleware stack (Pavel Shiryaev)
- #15: Fix Finder access (Jonas Bardino)
## 1.1.0 / 2014-01-01
- New dir_browser option ‘ms_sharepoint_plugin’ to start MS Office documents in edit-mode
- Moved project from Google Code to GitHub
- Moved documentation to ReadTheDocs
## 1.0.0 / 2013-12-27
- NOTE: no longer tested with Python 2.4.
- SSL sample with bogo-cert
- Renamed ‘msmount’ option to ‘ms_mount’.
- Files are always stored in binary mode.
- Port and hostname can now be specified in config file (before: command line only).
- New option for dir_browser: ‘msSharepointUrls’ will prepend ‘ms-word:ofe|u|’ to URL for MS Offce documents.
- New option ‘add_header_MS_Author_Via = True’ to support editing with Microsoft Office
- FilesystemProvider expands variables like ‘~’, ‘$Name’ and ‘%NAME%’ in folder paths (i.e. ‘~/foo’ -> ‘/Users/joe/foo’)
- Issue #55 Failure operating with litmus test suite, Mac OS X WebDAV Client, Windows 7 (thanks to Ben Allums)
- Fixed issue #48 Allow the dirbrowser to be configured from the config file (thanks to Herman Grecco)
- Fixed issue #43 Unicode error in Ubuntu
- Allow Ctrl-C / SIGINT to stop CherryPyWSGIServer
- Made mimetype guessing more robust
- Updated CherryPy standalone WSGI server to 3.2.4
- Support ‘setup.py test’ which uses nosetests and includes litmus
## 0.5.0 / 2011-01-16
- Bundled with CherryPy standalone WSGI server
- Added copyright notes for original PyFileServer
- Changed signature of DAVProvider (and derived classes): provider argument was removed
- New method DAVResource.getMemberList() replaces getMemberNames().
- New class DAVCollection allows for more efficient implementation of custom providers.
- Forcing ‘Connection: close’, when a required Content-Length is missing. So it’s possible now to return GET responses without knowing the size.
- New property manager based on CouchDB (addons.couch_property_manager)
- New property manager based on MongoDB (addons.mongo_property_manager)
- New sample DAV provider for MongoDBs (samples.mongo_dav_provider)
- Debug output goes to stdout (was stderr)
- Support davmount (rfc 4709).
- Added support for Microsoft FOLDER behavior.
- renamed displayType() -> getDirectoryInfo()
- Fixed RANGE response
- Refactored LockManager. using separate LockStorage
## 0.4.0.b2 / 2010-02-15
- Using HTTP/1.1 with keep-alive (St�phane KLEIN)
- Correctly return pre- and postconditions on lock conflicts.
- Added Sphinx docs
- Added Mercurial provider
- Changed configuration: no property manager used by default
## Until 0.4.0 alpha